LOTS OF THINGS TO SEE AND DO!
There are simply masses of things to do around the White Horse ... antiques, walking on The South Downs, cycling (on/off road) sailing, special interests, festivals, history, visiting Goodwood events, museums, shopping, theatre, cinema ... to name just a few
Please note: clicking these links will open a new browser window.
- Walking: There is great rural walking in every direction, straight from our front door. To the north: to the South Downs Way; to the west: to Harting Down, the South Downs Way and Harting and Elsted villages; to the East: to West Dean, Goodwood, Charlton and East Dean villages; and to the South: to Kingley Vale Ewe Forest - one of the oldest collection of ewe trees in the world.
- Cycling: Bicycles (on and off road) are available for hire for the avid enthusiast, gentle riders, or for families; with bicycles delivered to The White Horse for your use. Please contact us or Shed End Bikes (www.shedendbikes.co.uk) ahead of time if you'd like to do this.
- National Trust Properties: Uppark National Trust Property (http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-vh/w-visits/w-findaplace/w-uppark/)is three miles from us, and Petworth House (http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-vh/w-visits/w-findaplace/w-petworthhouse/)is half hour's drive away. If you're interested in historical homes and gardensthere are also Goodwood House, West Dean Gardens (www.westdean.org.uk), and other gardens in close proximity.
- Goodwood Events: We are four miles from Goodwood and its world-known car racing and horse racing annual events (http://www.goodwood.co.uk/). Accommodation is booked very early on for the popular Festival of Speed, Revival Meeting and Glorious Goodwood and other racing events. Goodwood also has a motor racing track open, and golf course, both open to the public.
- Theatre: The Chichester Festival Theatre (http://www.cft.org.uk/) is established as one of the prime theatres of the UK outside London, often attracting West End shows. Each year there is a vibrant season. Chichester also has a large cinema complex and a great independent boutique cinema (http://www.chichestercinema.org/), with wonderful international and box office hits.
- Weald and Downland Open Air Museum: Only three miles away, this is a very special place to wander amongst a fascinating collection of nearly 50 historic buildings dating from the 13th to the 19th century, many with period gardens, together with farm animals, woodland walks and a picturesque lake (http://www.wealddown.co.uk/).
- Fishbourne Roman Palace:One of the greatest Roman buildings in the Empire! (http://www.sussexpast.co.uk/property/site.php?site_id=11)
- The historic village of Bosham: Bosham is thought by many to be the birth and burial place of the last Saxon King (Harold, King of England & Earl of Wessex) ... and is only five miles from us.
Please note: The bar and restaurant are closed Sunday evening and all day Monday. Accommodation is open seven days a week.
- © J Rolt MMV -